Sunday, September 11, 2011

Half Marathon Training: Week 7 Complete

Last week's workouts:
Sun: Celebrate Yoga! (~2 hrs)
Mon: 3 mi easy
Tues: Yoga (Yoga for Runners Podcast)
Wed: 3 2.4 mi easy
Thurs: 2-3 mi with intervals 3.3 mi bike ride in the morning; upper body strength training in the evening
Fri: Rest
Sat: Run Proud 5K. 28:51, missed a PR by 4 seconds! I ended up running to the race and walking back, for a total of 5.1 miles

Great week! I decided to take my "poor, neglected bike" (Michael's words) out for a spin. I asked for this bike for my birthday last year and have not used it nearly as much as I thought I would.

Saturday's race went pretty well, except for a horrible side stitch at the halfway point. I think it was because I accidently inhaled some of the water I grabbed at the water stop. The afterparty was so fun, lots of sweet treats: cupcakes, Tasti D-Lite froyo, Panera, plus more that I can't remember. Yum!

I ended up deciding to do my long-ish run on Sunday morning. I hit the Katy Trail a little big after 8:00 and it was another beautiful morning! Lots of people out and about and even though my legs were sore from the day before, I felt strong for all seven miles.

This week's plan:
Sun: 7 miles easy (check!)
Mon: Rest
Tues: 3 mi easy
Wed: Yoga
Thurs: 3 mi easy
Fri: 3 mi easy
Sat: Oktoberfest 5K! One of my favorite races, always a fun time!

No comments: