Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Half Marathon Training: Week 10 Fail

Last week's workouts:
Sun: Yoga for Runners podcast (25 min)
Mon: 3 mi easy + Power Yoga class
Tues: Easy bike ride 2.85 mi
Wed: 3 mi
Thurs: 3 mi 2 mi; I tried to do intervals in a way, alternating every block + upper body strength training
Fri: Rest
Sat: 9 mi easy Goose Egg

Friday I walked to work and by the time I got there, my throat was itchy. I went to bed early Friday night but woke up Saturday feeling worse. :( Saturday morning I went to the doctor and while my strep test came back negative, they diagnosed me with a sinus infection. I pretty much stayed in bed the rest of the weekend, I even called in sick to work on Monday.

Thankfully, I'm starting to feel better! I am still coughing, but it's more drainage (ewww) than chest congestion. I'm going to take it easy for the rest of the week so I can be well rested for a long run this weekend. I only have a little over 2 weeks until the 13.1 half, eek!

This week:
Sun-Mon: Rest
Tues: Yoga for Runners podcast (25 min)
Wed: 2.5 mi easy
Thurs: Yoga or easy run, depending on how I feel
Fri: Rest
Sat: 9 mi easy

I think if I can do a 9 mile run this weekend and 10 miles next weekend, I should be okay for the race. Maybe not a PR but there is always White Rock in December to do that.

Wish me luck! Hope everyone is staying healthy!

No comments: