Sunday, October 7, 2007

Happy Birthday, Tori!

Congratulation on turning 23! ;)
To celebrate my little sister's birthday, we went to another family favorite: McCormick and Schmick's at Northpark. (http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/) We love going there because they will print up special menus for you if you let them know ahead of time that you are celebrating something.
I got grilled Alaskan halibut with lemon butter, mashed potatoes and grilled carrots and asparagus. It was so delicious, I had never had halibut before but I loved the flakiness. (Last time we were there I ordered swordfish and was so surprised about the texture! It was like eating a steak.) My salad was seasonal greens with candied walnuts, blue cheese, and some kind of citrusy vinaigrette. I also tried a little bit of my mom's grilled rainbow trout, it came with a wonderful chive butter. My dad got Texas fried catfish and french fries. Tori got Oscar steak and said it was very good. For dessert I had a bite of the twice baked apple pie and cinnamon ice cream (so good!) and my family also raved about the key lime pie. I was too stuffed to eat much else for dessert, but next time I have to try the Rocky Road brownie sundae.

No comments: