Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Roast Chicken with Potatoes and Spinach

I got this recipe from the Dallas Morning News food blog. It turned out pretty good! Next time I will slice the potatoes thinner or par-cook them. I didn't have any fresh rosemary so I used a dried Italian herb blend. I didn't have any lemon, but I will definitely use it next time. I also added a little garlic to the potato mixture.

1 ½ pounds medium Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced ¼ inch thick

1 (10-ounce) bag spinach

1 medium onion, thinly sliced

¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil

1 teaspoon salt (divided use)

½ teaspoon pepper(divided use)

4 (6-ounce) chicken breasts

1 teaspoon paprika

1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped

Lemon wedges, for serving

Preheat oven to 450 F. In a very large roasting pan, toss the potatoes, spinach and onion with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.

No comments: