Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Day!
We had a great day visiting with friends and family. We started off the day by sleeping in (always a treat!), then made our way to the Bakers' house to visit. Then we headed off to Blair and Amy's house, where they were hosting Thanksgiving dinner for my family (the Sharpes) and Blair's family (the Brennans). The Sharpes and Brennans go way back, the kids grew up together and we used to meet up in Austin for Thanksgiving every year until the Brennans moved to Virginia. Now they are back in Texas so we started up the tradition again. We had some new additions this year, Blair and I have both gotten married since we last had Thanksgiving together; Amy's best friend Travis also joined us; and my grandfather Faulk drove up from Jacksonville. Jennye and Chad are amazing cooks, we left stuffed!
Here are some pictures:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Have you heard about the bird?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And of course the best part about Thanksgiving is the food! This year I made sweet potato casserole as well as spinach artichoke dip. (However, the spinach artichoke dip was so delicious it didn't quite make it to Thanksgiving dinner.) I also made a chocolate pecan pie; Monika (of sushiandchocolate.com) gave me the recipe a few years ago and it has become a favorite.

I am so thankful for our wonderful family and friends!

No comments: