Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy 2010!

We are officially old. It's not even 10pm on New Years' Eve and Michael is sleeping on the couch, we already played Scrabble and I have a cat curled up in my lap.

Last year's resolutions:

1. Relearn French - Fail.

2. Try new recipes - I did okay this year. I found good recipes for falafel, herbed chicken parmesan tenders and butternut squash lasagna, all of which were good enough to go into our regular dinner rotation.

3. Run 12 miles a week.- I was not good about keeping track of my mileage, so I really don't know if I ever hit this milestone. I did run 4 5K races this year, so I think I did pretty well. My best time was 29:37.

4. Read 25 books - I barely did this! Here are the books I read:
1. I Like You: Hospitality Under The Influence
2. The Ecco Anthology of Contemporary American Short Fiction
3. The Audacity of Hope
4. The Omnivore's Dilemma
5. The Reader
6. Musicolphilia: Tales of Music and the Brain
7. Bel Canto
8. In A Sunburned Country
9. Unaccustomed Earth
10. Julie and Julia
11. My Life In France
12. Middlesex (this was a re-read)
13. Eat This, Not That
14. The Namesake (another re-read)
15. Wicked
16. Lies My Teacher Told Me
17. Outlander
18. Born To Run
19. Naked (re-read)
20. The Diversity Culture (I didn't finish this, so I don't really know if I should count this one)
21. Made In America
22. The BestAmerican Short Stories
23. In Defense of Food
24. Holidays On Ice (re-read, a favorite for the Christmas season!)
25. Broken Music
26. And I am currently reading STP: A Journey Through America with the Rolling Stones

I hope everyone has had a safe and happy New Years Eve!

No comments: