Sunday, August 8, 2010

Back on the wagon

You know how sometimes things sneak up on you?

After I ran a half marathon in May and it didn't kill me, I decided that I would run another one in December. It felt like I had plenty of time so I have barely run at all this summer. I've been staying active with yoga and Cardio Muscle classes at the Y. But I've also been doing bicep curls with this:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mmmm...nothing better than a cold beer on a hot summer day!

So last night (while drinking a beer, heh) I started thinking about the December race and thought I'd check to see when I needed to start training. If I want to do the usual 16-week training, I'd need to start....next week?!

It's been up to 105 here in Dallas, so running has been the last thing on my mind. I think I will be sticking to the treadmill for the early part of training, until the weather cools off.

I want to stick to training better this time than I did the last time. While I was proud of my time for my first half, I want to feel stronger for this one. So I'm going to do a check-in weekly to keep myself accountable. I also want to keep up some strength training so I don't lose the benefits I've gained from that.

Here is this week's workout plan:

Sunday: Jay Johnson Boot Camp: Cardio, Legs
Monday: Power yoga class
Tuesday: Run 2 miles
Wednesday: rest
Thursday: Run 2 miles
Friday: easy yoga
Saturday: Run 2 miles

Here we go!

No comments: