Sunday, January 22, 2012

Ice, Ice Baby

Last week's workouts:
Sun: Yoga (Detox Yoga, 20 min)
Mon: Power Yoga class
Tues: 3 mi run + strength training
Wed: 3 mi run
Thurs: Yoga or rest
Fri: 3 1.7 mi run
Sat: 9 7 mi run

My shin has been hurting this week, not sure what is going on with it. I ended up cutting Saturday's run short because of it. So I've been icing the old shin and it seems to be alleviating the tenderness.

Wednesday night I went back to the Run On! social run. This time I stuck around a little longer afterwards and found out that they draw for prizes after the run. I won a $25 gift card, sweet! I think I'll buy myself some new Feetures socks.

I also treated myself to some workout clothes from Target (2 half zip tops and a lightweight jacket) and Old Navy (two pairs of compression capris). Everything was on super sale and I needed some new cold-weather gear! Nothing like new clothes to motivate you to get moving!

This week's plan:
Sunday 1/22: Rest
Mon 1/23: 3 mi run + power yoga class
Tues 1/24: Strength training
Wed 1/25: 3 mi run
Thurs: 1/26: Yoga
Fri: 1/27: 3 mi run
Sat 1/28 or Sun 1/29: 8 mi run

Michael ran on the new White Rock extension trail and said he really liked it, so we will probably hit that up for our long run. Not sure if we will be running Saturday or Sunday, I will do yoga on whichever day we don't run. I'd love to make it to the Saturday yoga class.

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy week! Have any other Dallas runners used the White Rock extension? Do you like it?

No comments: