Monday, March 19, 2012

Rock & Roll Half Marathon Training: Race Week!

Last week's plans:
Mon 3/12: Yoga for Runners podcast, 25 min
Tues 3/13: 2.5 mi run + upper body strength training
Wed 3/14: 5 4.2 mi social run
Thurs 3/15: Rest or easy yoga
Fri 3/16: 3 mi run
Sat 3/17: Yoga class
Sun 3/18: 6-7 mi run

Not bad, considering that work has been crazy. My boss asked us to all come in early and stay late, so I've been doing 11 hour days and it's going to be the same way this week, too! Add in the time change and it was a challenging week.

Tuesday I got up extra early to do my run and came across a fox in the neighborhood! So strange, I have never seen one in person before. It looked like a cat at first-- it was running several yards in front of me and keep in mind it was still dark out. It wasn't until I saw its head that I realized it was no cat! It was so odd to see a fox in our neighborhood which is so urban. He must have been looking for bunnies!

I did manage to make it to the social run on Wednesday night, it was great to run in the evening while it was still light out! We tried out a new route and then Michael, our friend Brandon and I decided to go a little further. We thought we would end up at 5 miles but not quite.

Saturday's yoga class was different than usual. I am used to a fast flow style of class. Our substitute instructor had us use straps to get really deep into our poses. It didn't feel difficult at the time, but I was super sore Sunday morning. Our run was really difficult, I was sore all over (my back especially) and it was very humid out. It was not a pretty run, but we did 7 miles as our last long-ish run before the race.

Whew! That was my exciting week!

This week's plans:
Mon 3/19: Yoga for Runners, 25 min
Tues 3/20: 3 mi run + strength training
Wed 3/21: 3 mi run
Thurs 3/22: Rest or easy yoga
Fri 3/23: 3 mi run
Sat 3/24: Rest or yoga
Sun 3/25: Race day! 13.1 miles!

No comments: