Sunday, July 1, 2007

Homemade Pizza

I tried my hand at homemade pizza this past weekend. Granted, this was not exactly gourmet but it came out extremely tasty! I cheated and used premade pizza dough, the kind that comes in a tube. I just rolled it out flat on a greased cookie sheet and patted it to make sure the crust would come out even. I baked it at 375 for about 6 minutes.
I let the crust cool a little bit, then added a thin layer of store-bought pesto. (My current favorite brand is Classico. Now, I'm trying to rid my diet of preservatives, so next week I'm going on a mission for the perfect homemade basil pesto. I will post results!) Next I added a layer of thinly sliced Roma tomatoes. Then I sprinkled on two generous handfuls of chopped baby spinach. (You could also just tear it by hand.) Next I sprinkled on shredded mozzarella cheese, although next time I may try goat cheese.
I baked this at 375 for about 8 minutes. It was delicious and so easy! What I like best about this pizza is that you could serve it for dinner, or slice it into smaller pieces and serve it as an appetizer. Yum!

No comments: