Monday, July 2, 2007

Movie Review: Sicko

As most of you know, "Michael Moore" is a borderline swear word at our home! But this film was actually pretty good. I mean, I don't think any red-blooded American can deny that our health care system is intrinsically flawed. Even those of us who are lucky enough to have insurance, the health care industry is incredibly difficult to navigate.
After Michael got the inside scoop on the poor health care system in America, he traveled to other countries who have free universal health care: Canada, France, and Cuba. (That's right, I said Cuba!) He visits hospitals and visits with patients, all of whom are perplexed when he asks how much it cost for their treatment. He also takes a group of 9/11 rescue workers to get treatment in Cuba when their insurance (and the US government) won't cover them.
Overall, I think it was a fair look at the health care industry. I highly recommend it!

No comments: