Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Name That Movie!

Got this from Sarah...

RULES:

pick 10 of your favorite movies
go to IMDB to get a quote from each movie
post the quotes and wait for your friends to respond

1. Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.

2. You hate people!
But I love gatherings. Isn't it ironic?

3. Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable.

4. Am I supposed to be a man, am I supposed to say, it's OK, I don't mind. I don't mind. Well I mind! I mind big time? And you know what the worst part is? I NEVER LEARNED TO READ.

5. It's giving life that counts. Until you're ready for it, all the rest is just a big fraud. All the crazy haircuts in the world won't keep it turning. Life isn't a love in, it's the dishes and the orthodontist and the shoe repairman and... ground round instead of roast beef. And I'll tell you something else: it isn't going to a bed with a man that proves you're in love with him; it's getting up in the morning and facing the drab, miserable, wonderful everyday world with him that counts.

6. Rob, thank you for that kind introduction. We're no longer called Sonic Death Monkey. We're on the verge of becoming Kathleen Turner Overdrive, but just for tonight, we are Barry Jive and his Uptown Five.

7. I would like to say this. Tardiness is not something you can do on your own. Many, many people contributed to my tardiness. I would like to thank my parents for never giving me a ride to school, the LA city bus driver who took a chance on an unknown kid and last but not least, the wonderful crew from McDonalds who spend hours making those egg McMuffins without which I'd never be tardy.

8. Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the god damn customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?

9. Uh. I'm sorry. I just hallucinated.

10. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

3 comments:

aria said...

7. Clueless!

Sarah said...

1. The Big Lebowski!
2. Clueless

The rest are hard girl -- way to go!

Rebecca said...

1. The Big Lebowski
2. Clerks
3. The Wizard of Oz
4. Wayne's World
5. Yours, Mine and Ours
6. High Fidelity
7. Clueless
8. Office Space
9. Legally Blonde
10. Fight Club