Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hot mess

Last week's workouts:

Sunday: Rest
Monday: Run 2 miles
Tuesday: Yoga
Wednesday: Run 2 miles Jay Johnson Boot Camp: Cardio and strength training
Thursday: Cardio + strength Ran 3 miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Run 5 miles Ran 3.5 miles

What an interesting week! Monday was Labor Day, so I was able to do my run outside instead of the gym. It is still really hot out, but if I get out early enough, I can handle a short run. Then that afternoon our A/C went out, it was so miserable! It didn't get fixed until Tuesday evening and our upstairs unit wasn't working until Thursday.

Tuesday I tried out a free yoga class at Lululemon and it was fantastic! I will definitely be going back.

Wednesday I was scheduled to run but the weather was horrible thanks to Hermine. It stormed all day and on my way home from work there were traffic lights out so I decided to switch to my Thursday workout and stay home to work out. I'm so glad I did because tornadoes hit Dallas! The funnel started forming right above our neighborhood but luckily (for us anyway), they moved south.

Thursday I double-checked my training schedule and found out I was supposed to be doing 3 miles, not 2! Glad I checked!

Saturday I got up early and went to the Katy Trail to do my "long" run for the week. Holy humidity! I knew I wasn't going to make it the whole way almost as soon as I started out. I checked the weather stats online when I got home and humidity was 79%!

I am hoping that this week will be calmer!

This week's plan:

Sunday: Rest
Monday: Run 2 miles
Tuesday: Yoga class
Wednesday: Run 3 miles
Thursday: Cardio + strength
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Oktoberfest 5K!

No comments: