Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010...

How did everyone do on their New Years' Resolutions?

Mine were:

1. Run the full 8 mile Turkey Trot.
We ended up not being in town on Thanksgiving Day. But I did run two half marathons (Hills and Heels on May 2 and Dallas White Rock on December 5). I think that counts!

2. Read 25 books.
Only made it to 22, so close! But they were all great reads!
1. Ford County Stories
2. Dark Water
3. The Lovely Bones (re-read)
4. You Better Not Cry
5. Shutter Island
6. 2001: A Space Odyssey
7. The Lost Symbol
8. What the Dog Saw
9. American Wife
10. Freakonomics
11. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
12. Ticket to Ride
13. The Five People You Meet in Heaven (re-read)
14. The Girl Who Played With Fire
15. A Short History of Nearly Everything (re-read)
16. The Yiddish Policeman's Union (I gave up on this one over halfway through.)
17. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
18. Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk
19. Life of Pi
20. No Country for Old Men
21. I Know This Much is True (re-read)
22. The Pillars of the Earth This one was a long one, almost 900 pages! I probably could have made it to my 25 goal if I hadn't decided on this one.

3. Keep my bathroom cleaner.
Fail.

4. Find a new strength training class.
I went to Cardio Muscle throughout most of the summer (and even talked Michael into coming along!) but it fell by the wayside once I started training for another half marathon. I've kept up yoga and still do old-school pushups after a run so I don't think I've entirely lost the benefits.

5. Cut back on drinking.
I did pretty good with this one! I still drink most nights but limit myself to 2 beers.

6. Pay off my car.
Did this in March! (I got laid off literally the day after I put the check in the mail, ha!)

7. Get gum surgery. (I have already met with a peridontist about this, yuck!)
Did this in August! It was expensive and painful and I never want to do it again.

No comments: