Monday, December 27, 2010

Rock & Roll Half Marathon Training Week 3

Last week's workouts:
Sun: Rest
Mon: Power yoga class Yoga for Runners podcast
Tues: 2 mi intervals
Wed: Yoga or rest
Thurs: 2 mi intervals OR Power yoga class 1.5 mi fail
Fri: Run 5 mi
Sat: Rest Yoga for Runners podcast

Thursday I was off work and looking forward to a run in the cold. I set out for my usual 2 mi loop around the neighborhood, but when I stopped for a second to think about which way I wanted to turn, I felt dizzy. My heart was racing, my vision was blurry and all I wanted to do was sit down. I kept moving, I remember a trainer telling me that blood can pool in your feet if you stop moving too suddenly. Anyway, I had to turn around and walk back home. By the time I got back, I felt much better but it was still a little scary. Luckily I felt great for Friday morning's run!

This week's plan:
Sunday: Rest
Monday: Power yoga DVD
Tuesday: 2 mi intervals
Wednesday: Yoga OR rest
Thursday: 2 mi intervals
Friday: 5 mi easy
Saturday: Rest

Hope everyone had a safe and happy Christmas! We just got back from a whirlwind trip to Lubbock (less than 24 hours) to visit Michael's extended family and I am exhausted! But our Christmas was great!

No comments: