Sunday, June 1, 2008

If you can't take the heat...

...get out of Texas!
It is extremely hot out, in case none of you have noticed. This morning I slept later than I'd planned and didn't get out of the house for my run until almost noon. Big mistake! I didn't make it too far before I had to turn around and come back home. I know some people say that women don't sweat, they glow, but I was glowing like a horse! Then I needed to get out and pick up some supplies for my patio garden, but I think I will have to wait until the sun goes down to get everything planted.
I can't complain too much, though. My good friend Victoria is serving our country in Iraq right now. I got an email from her a couple weeks ago, she reported that the daily high is 120 degrees! Poor thing.
Well, I'm cooling off with Popsicles and a new copy of Cooking Light. Stay cool this summer!

No comments: