Saturday, October 8, 2011

13.1 Half Marathon Training: Week 11 Complete

Last week's workouts:
Sun-Mon: Rest
Tues: Yoga for Runners podcast (25 min)
Wed: 2.5 mi easy
Thurs: Yoga or easy run, depending on how I feel 2.75 mi easy
Fri: Rest
Sat: 9 mi easy

Saturday I was still coughing and congested and wasn't sure if I was going to make it all 9 miles, but once I got started it felt pretty easy. I mentally broke up the run into thirds and just concentrated on finishing 3 miles at a time. My finish time was 1 hr 37 minutes, an average pace of 10:46 which is faster than I intended but I am happy with it.

This week's plans:
Sun: Yoga
Mon: 3 mi easy
Tues: Yoga
Wed: 3 mi easy
Thurs: 2 mi intervals + strength training
Fri: Rest or yoga
Sat: 10 mi easy

I'm looking forward to getting back to normal this week. Isn't it crazy how being sick for just a week can make you feel so derailed?

I hope everyone has a happy and healthy week ahead!

No comments: